LAND & DEVELOPMENT OPPORTUNITIES LTD (t/a UKLR)
Updated May 2018
Land & Development Opportunities (t/a UKLR) are committed to protecting and respecting your privacy and the security of your personal information. This policy sets out the basis on which any personal data we collect from you, or is provided to us, will be used by us
Should you have cause for concern or general enquiry please contact: Meg Plummer, UKLR, 5 Cliff Road, Holmfirth, HD9 1UY. Email: Support@uklr.co.uk
- When you enquire or register for products and services provided by Land & Development Opportunities Ltd (t/a UKLR) you will provide us with certain personal information. This information may be provided online through our websites, by telephone, by electronic communications or through direct contact. This information will be stored on our computer systems and in our manual records.
- The information that you provide allows us to process your registration, confirm your identity and communicate with you to provide the relevant information, services and/or products to suit your needs. The information provided is then used by UKLR to communicate with you on any matter relating to your products, services and your relationship with by Land & Development Opportunities Ltd (t/a UKLR) in general.
- All information you provide us is stored on our secure servers and is stored in the United Kingdom.
INFORMATION WE COLLECT FROM YOU
UKLR will collect and process the following data about you:
- Information you give us. This is information about you that you give us by corresponding with us by phone, e-mail or otherwise. The information you give us may include your name, company, address, e-mail address, phone number, and other personal details required for us to provide you with requested services and information.
- Information Collected via Online Services. When you use our online services, we may collect the following:
- Information you provide by when completing forms or purchasing products (this includes information you give us when registering for any of UKLR services, subscribing to our services, submitting material or requesting further services);
- Information you provide to us if you contact us, eg included in emails to report a problem with our online services or raise a query or comment; and
- Details of visits made to our online services including, but not limited to, the volume of traffic received, logs (including, where available, the IP address and location of the device connecting to the online services and other technical information and identifiers about the device and the nature of the visit) and the resources accessed.
- Should users wish to deny the use and saving of cookies from the website on to their computers hard drive they should set their web browsers security settings to block all cookies from this website and its external serving vendors
Information we collect about you.
We will use this information:
- To improve our site to ensure that content is presented in the most effective manner for you and for your computer
- As part of our efforts to keep our site safe and secure
- To administer our site and for internal purposes
- To understand and measure the effectiveness of the marketing we provide and to deliver appropriate marketing to you
- The information you provide us with will only be used for the purposes it was provide for, unless we reasonable consider it to be used for a reason compatible to the original purpose. If this is the case we will explain the basis as to why this has been done
HOW WE MAKE USE OF THE INFORMATION
Your personal information will only be used as the law allows us to. Most commonly, we will use your personal information in the following circumstances:
- Where we need to perform a service we have entered into with you.
- To maintain and further develop relationships between us.
- To provide you, on an on-going basis, with information and services that you request from us, or which we feel may be legitimate interest to you as permitted under applicable law.
- Your personal information will only be used for the purpose for which we collected it, unless it is reasonably considered that we need to use it for another reason that is compatible with the original, purpose and has legitimate reason, which we will explain the legal basis which allows us to do so.
Information you give to us.
We will use this information:
- To carry out our obligations arising from any contracts mutually entered into between us
- To provide you, on an on-going basis, with information and services that you request from us or which we feel may be of interest to you as permitted under applicable law
- To provide you with information about other services we offer that are similar to those that you have already received or enquired about;
- To notify you about changes to our services; and
- To ensure that information received from our website and ourselves is presented in a secure manner and the most effective way for you and for your device and settings.
DISCLOSURE OF YOUR INFORMATION
We may, in providing our services and operating our business, exchange your personal information with third parties where:
- You have consented to us sharing your personal information in this way;
- It is relevant in the circumstances to disclose the information to sellers or vendors of Land and/or Development Opportunities to be able to provide full details to an opportunity or to open up channels of communication between you
SHARING YOUR INFORMATION WITH THIRD PARTIES
- Other clients and third parties who are directly or indirectly involved or have an interest in any transaction
- Search engine and analytics providers that assist us in the optimisation and improvement of our site
- In addition to our online services, which are controlled directly by ourselves, we also use and provide links to websites that are controlled by third parties, these may include Twitter, LinkedIn, Facebook, Sendinblue and YouTube, where we have certain accounts and profiles
- By following a link to any of these third-party websites, please be advised that these websites operate under their own privacy policies and UKLR we cannot accept any responsibility for their use of information about you
SECURITY & DATA SECURITY
The transmission of information via the internet is not completely secure. We cannot guarantee security of your data transmitted to our online services; any transmission is at your own risk. Once your information has been received we will take every reasonable step to use security features and procedures in an effort to prevent unauthorised access, modification or disclosure. eg, if you communicate with us via email, you assume the risks that communications between us are intercepted, delayed, corrupted, not received, or are received by persons other than the intended recipient.
We take every reasonable step to hold information securely in electronic or physical form. Our information security policy is supported by a number of security standards, procedures and processes and information is stored in limited access premises and in electronic databases requiring logins and passwords.
To prevent your personal information from being used or accessed without authority, accidentally lost, altered or disclosed in any way UKLR have put in place appropriate security measures. Access of data is strictly limited to those employees, agents, contractors and other third parties who have a business need to know. Your personal information will only be processed your personal information on our instructions, with your prior consent, and they are subject to a duty of confidentiality.
YOUR RIGHTS TO ACCESS, CORRECT, ERASE AND RESTRICT
- Right of access – You have a right to access personal data that we hold about you. This is referred to as a “subject access request”. We shall respond to subject access requests in accordance with the law, which usually means without delay but at the latest within one month.
- Right to rectification – You have a right to have inaccurate personal data rectified or completed.
- Right to erasure – You have a right to request that your personal data is removed from our records.
- Right to restrict processing – You have a right to request the restriction or suppression of your personal data, subject to certain exceptions.
- Right to data portability – You have a right to obtain and reuse your personal data for your own purposes and to move, copy or transfer your data from our IT environment to another in a safe and secure way.
- Right to object – You have a right to object to us using your data based on the legitimate interests of our business, or for direct marketing (including profiling) purposes.
Invoking your rights – If you would like to invoke any of the above data subject rights with us, please contact Meg Plummer, UKLR, 5 Cliff Road, Holmfirth, HD9 1UY. Email: Support@uklr.co.uk
We may send you marketing materials relating to our services by email or post. If, at any time, you would prefer to stop receiving newsletters and updates from us, please use the “unsubscribe” option included in the email or other material or alternatively send an email to email@example.com.
Accuracy of information – In order to provide the highest level of customer service possible, we need to keep accurate personal data about you. UKLR take reasonable steps to ensure the accuracy of any personal data or sensitive information we obtain. We ensure the source of any personal data or sensitive information is clear and we carefully consider any challenges to the accuracy of this information. We also consider when it is necessary to update this information, such as name or address changes and you can help us by informing us of these changes when they occur.
If you would like to request a copy of your data or would like to change or erase all or any part of the information we hold about you, please contact us as set out below. We may refuse to provide access and may charge a fee for access if the relevant legislation allows us to do so, in which case we will provide reasons for our decision as required by law.
THE KIND OF INFORMATION WE HOLD ABOUT INDIVIDUALS OTHER THAN CLIENTS AND HOW THIS DATA IS USED
Personal data, or personal information, means any information about an individual from which that person can be identified. It does not include data where the identity has been removed (anonymous data). During the course of our day-to-day basis we acquire information regarding individuals other than our Clients and we will retain this data where we have a legitimate business reason to do so. Typically, we acquire personal data on individuals other than our clients in the following circumstances:
- Where we have met individuals at networking or other marketing events;
- Where individuals have made enquiries with us regarding possible goods or services but have not subsequently become clients of the business;
- Where we have dealt with individuals in the capacity as suppliers of goods or services to the Company;
- Where we have regular business related dealings with you
In many circumstances the extent of the data we hold is limited and may be publicly available by way of other websites but usually the information we will retain is limited to:
- Contact information including but not limited to email addresses, contact telephone numbers, business addresses and in some cases personal addresses.
- We have a legitimate business interest in retaining this data on the basis that we must retain some personal data on third parties and suppliers in the ordinary course of business.
- We may also use this data to send marketing information to you in respect of promotions, events or other updates relating to us.
- We have a legitimate interest in retaining your data for this purpose however you have the right to ask us to erase or rectify your data and the right to opt out of receiving marketing information.
All emails, messages and any attachments sent from Land & Development Opportunities Ltd (t/a UKLR) are intended solely for the use of the intended recipient to whom it is addressed. These communications may contain privileged and/or confidential information. If you are not the intended recipient and receive an email, message and any of its attachments by mistake, please contact the sender immediately deleting the email and any of its attachments, removing it from your computer system permanently. Any copyright in the email, message or any attachments created by any employee of Land & Development Opportunities Ltd (t/a UKLR) remains the property of Land & Development Opportunities Ltd (t/a UKLR). Please ensure you check the received email, message and attachments for any viruses or similar defects. Land & Development Opportunities Ltd (t/a UKLR) Ltd cannot and will not be held responsible for any failure and/or omission of the recipient to test for viruses or similar defects before opening any attachments. Liability arising from any third party taking action, or refraining from taking action, on the basis of an email, message and/or its attachments, is hereby excluded. Should you correspond with anyone at Land & Development Opportunities Ltd (t/a UKLR) via email, you are consenting to us monitoring and reading any such correspondence that you send.