0.92 Acres with House and Outbuildings with Potential, Raby Cottage, Shap, Cumbria, CA10 3LQ
An excellent opportunity to purchase a detached 3 bedroom cottage with Stone Barn, Open-fronted Store, Kennels, Cattery and Paddock
The property has a considerable amount to offer outside including a private lawned garden and a raised patio area to the rear with access to the buildings and paddock, approx. 0.92 acre (0.34 ha) or thereabouts.
Adjoining the house is a lofted stable/wash house, lofted tool store and single story former pig hull. The wash house is plumbed for a washing machine with mains water and electricity and is currently used as a Utility with outside WC.
The range of outbuildings include:
• Impressive traditional stone barn under a slate roof, approx. 18.5 m x 6 m, part lofted over a byre at one end, accessed from concrete yard; the byre is fitted with dog kennels with concrete floor and is accessed from the garden
• Block built and stone clad concrete floor lean-to under an insulated tin roof to front of the barn comprising five cat pens and accessed from garden.
• Loose box/store (to barn gable) approx. 8.2 m x 6.2 m; steel portal frame, stone clad block under an Asbestos roof, accessed from concrete yard.
• Store approx. 7.15 m x 7.6 m; steel portal frame, stone clad block built under a fibre cement roof, accessed from concrete yard.
• Cattery comprising 11 pens with access to outside pens, an isolation pen, painted concrete floor, electric storage heating under an insulated tin roof.
• Dog Kennels with nine kennels under a cantilever tin roof with preparation room comprising kitchen area with wall and base units, plumbed for a washer,
• Walled sheep pens opposite the house over the road.
All buildings are in good order and benefit from a power and water supply.